BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Aida, Aida C: hope you enjoy reading!


Aida
By Guiseppi Verdi
Act 1: killer c:
~There was a very poor village in Africa called Ethiopia.
(People dancing and having fun c:)
Ethiopian: Egyptians! Egyptians! Egyptians! (Screaming and was horrified)
Aida: (show herself …) what is happening?! (Start panicking)
Egyptian soldiers (Chief): Get Her! (Pointing his fingers at the young helpless woman)
Egyptian soldiers: (Running towards Aida)
Aida: NO! NO! NO! What are you doing?! Let me go!!!! (Screaming and crying at the same time)
Act 2: the first glimpse: c
~she was brought to Egypt, she cried and cried and cried but it’s no use…. She was completely captivated by the darkness that is covering all the light she sees…
Aida: (crying) what do you want to do with me?
Egyptian Soldiers: (throwing Aida in the knees of the Egyptian Princess)
Egyptian Soldiers (Chief): this is your new slave, your highness.
Aida: (looking in to the eyes of the Princess)
Princess: (Looking to Aida head to toe) hmm, Gave her a dress. I’ll make her my personal slave… (Snubbing)
(Someone came knocking in the door)
Princess’s fiancé:  (mesmerize by Aida’s beauty, loving her in just one glimpse)
Aida: (captivated by the charm of the princess’s fiancé)
Princess: (looking in the reaction of the two people... and finally set her eyes in to his servants) Take her away, and leave us alone for a moment
Act 3: the friendship c:
 ~And Aida was taken away by the soldiers of the Egyptian princess…
(Action in process………)
~Time passed by quickly and Aida became the most truthful slave of the princess, and they became close…. Closer and closer until they became friends…
(Princess choosing a new outfit)
Princess: Aida, which do you prefer? (Showing Aida a couple of dress) This one or this one?
Aida: hmm, I think… this one (pointing in to a dress) is suitable for you my lady….
(Somebody intrude their little chat.. and knock)
(The two are looking in the door)
Princess: come in… (With a sweet gentle voice)
Princess’s Fiancé: oh, (looking in to Aida’s eyes)….
Aida: (gently bowing her head after being caught in the eyes of the Princess’s Fiancé)
Princess: (beginning to be jealous but tried to hide her hatred, looking to the both of them) what brings you here? Radames?
Princess’s Fiancé: His highness has summoned you… (Smiling)
(Princess walking towards her fiancé and both directly goes to the king’s chamber)
Act 4: in the kings’ chamber
Princess: father… (Bowing her head)
King: oh, you’re here…
Princess:  you have summoned me… (Bowing her head)
King: come here my child…. (Stretching his hands and looking into her daughters face)
(The princess immediately goes to her father’s right side)
King: (whispering something into his daughters ears)
Princess: (smiling, and looking into the eyes of his fiancé)
King: Radames, you’ll be my successor and you’ll marry my daughter Radames. (Smiling and feeling happy about the decision)
Princess Fiancé: (kneeling) as you wish, sire... (Bowing his head)
 (Action in process….)
~and so it was announced all over the kingdom that the princess will marry Radames  .
Act 5: the confession, a night to remember: c
(Action in process….)
~it was a dark night, when fate started to take action...
(the princess’s fiancé was walking and suddenly “saw” Aida…they looked into each other’s eyes and the princess’s fiancé tried to touch Aida’s face…)
(Aida turned her head away… and the princess’s fiancé hold back his hand..)
(Aida turned in to the opposite direction and started walking away…)
Princess’s fiancé: Aida! (Looking into Aida as she turn away..)
Aida: you’re my lady’s fiancé… (She looked at him while slightly covering her tears)
Princess’s fiancé: I don’t love her (explaining...) I-I- I just can’t refuse to the kings request.
Aida: why are you explaining yourself? (Looking unto him) I- I don’t understand, I’m not your lover or anything…. (Gentle voice)
Princess’s fiancé: I love you… (Direct! To the point)
(Aida immediately turns her back after hearing the “I love you word”)
Aida: you can’t, you just can’t! (Tears falling from her eyes) you--- you—‘re my lady’s lover…
Princess’s fiancé: I just did, I’ve fallen in love with you in just a glimpse. (Walking towards Aida)….
Aida:  (crying) how can this be happening? The person I love belongs to someone else.
Princess’s fiancé: (wiping the tears of Aida) my heart doesn’t belong to someone else (smiling), this heart (pointing his heart)... Only beats and belonged to the one and only you…
(Action in process)
~they both share a warm embrace showing their real feelings…towards each other as they watch the blue moon... in the wide open sky...
Act 6: the choice: C
*cut for a moment 5 to 10 seconds.
(Action in process…Aida: in the room of the princess)
~but they never expected that during that night, the both of them was caught in the eyes of the princess.
Princess:  what have you done, last night Aida? (Looking into her eyes)
Aida: I- I was busy with something, last night my lady. (Bowing her head)
Princess: busy? E? Busy… seducing my fiancé? (Curious)
Aida: (shocked and looked directly to the eyes of the princess) I- I- (trying to explain)
Princess: don’t try to explain… after all that I have done?! This is how’ll you thank me?! (Raising her voice)
Aida: no, my lady... let me explain… (Crying and is hesitant to prove herself)
Princess: arrest her! And put her in the dungeon! (pointing her finger towards Aida)
Aida: let me explain my lady (shouting and crying at the same time)..
(Action in process….)
~and Aida was sent into prison…
*5 seconds pause.
(After that, the princesses fiancé found that his love was sent in prison and hurriedly go to the princess to question her)
Princess’s fiancé: why did you? Sent her in the dungeon? (Angry)
Princess: because of you, don’t you find me attractive? Attractive enough to please you? (crying, and questioning her fiancé)
Princess’s fiancé: (didn’t even dare to stare at the princess, he just walk away)
Princess: (went down on her knees and cry) sfx:”nagwild”.
*5 seconds pause
~the Princess’s fiancé went to see his lover in one of the cell in that place.
Princess’s fiancé: Aida! Aida, where are you…(shouting)
Aida: I’m here! (In tears)
Princess’s fiancé: (hugged her tight) oh, Aida…I’m sorry
Aida: you don’t have to be sorry it’s not your fault; fate is just not good with us. (crying)
Princess’s fiancé: we have to go, let’s go far away…(holding Aida’s hands)
*silence
~but suddenly the king appeared…
King: where do you think you’re going? Is she the reason why you, don’t want to get married with my daughter? What a disgraceful woman. (Evil)
Princess’s fiancé: she’s not a disgraceful woman, she’s my woman. (Knight in shining armor)
King: get him! (Shouting) and the woman lock her up!
Princess’s fiancé: Aida! No, don’t touch her! (Shouting in return)
(And the king’s men show their might by punching the princess’s fiancé)
Act 7: the finale, a true love.
(Action in process…)
~And they brought the Princess’s fiancé into a different cell… luckily someone appeared in the kings’ court.
Aida’s father: I came to get my daughter…
King: I believe you’re mistaken; we didn’t adopt a princess in our kingdom… (Explaining)
Aida’s father: but I believe you have mistaken her as a servant… (Explaining) her name is Aida..
King: (looked into the eyes of the other king he’s with) A---i-da?
Aida’s father: yes, Aida she’s my only daughter… kindly return her to me….( looked into the eyes of the king in return)
King: I understand, (kindly said) get her! And bring her her…( pointing into a soldier)
(Action in process…)
~the king returned Aida to her father…and they drove home…days passed but Aida couldn’t forget her love for the Princess’s fiancé. Until…… she heard that he will be buried alive for disobeying the kings’ order.
Aida: oh no! That can’t be…(crying)
*5 seconds pause
Aida: father, father! I need to go to Egypt now… the person I love the most  they will take away his life!...(crying and explaining)
Aida’s father: My child, if you really do love that person, you should go. Take the horse with you. (Smiling and crying *mixed emotions.)
(Action in process..)
~so, Aida drove from Ethiopia to Egypt as fast as she could…. But when she got there…
Aida: (running) Radames!Radames ! (she couldn’t see him)
*2 seconds pause
(She found him inside a death container and went inside……)


The end
• This was a story based on the theatrical film of Guiseppi Verdi entitled “Aida” and retold again by Passage Liaros Von Rolf. The ideas, words and dialogs in the story are made only for educational purposes.

Copyright 2010
By: Rolf Passage J
Characters:
Aida ~ the Ethiopian Princess
Radames ~ The Princess’s Fiancé
Amneris ~ The Egyptian Princess
Amonasro ~ King of Ethiopia and Aida’s father
The King of Egypt ~ Amneris’s father c:





0 comments: